No matter where you live, the summer months can be rough on your home. In dry climates, summer heat and UVA and UVB rays can damage your home, while in tropical climates there are the summer rains to contend with. Luxury Screens brings you some easy tips to getting your property ready for the summer months no matter where you live:
- If you haven’t already, call for service on your air conditioning units. Not only will clogged filters lead to reduced effectiveness and water leakage, but you'll see the inefficiency reflected on your electricity bills as well. Ideally, ac units should be cleaned and checked prior to and after the summer months.
- Check the roof for cracks and broken tiles, which can lead to water seeping into your home, causing damage to your walls, wood and paint. If it has been a few years, also consider having your roof professionally resealed.
- A fresh coat of paint on outside metal work like window bars, will prevent ugly metal stairs from ruining your exterior paint job during rainy season. And sealant will keep your deck and wooden furniture protected.
- Clean out gutters and drains to allow run-off from the rain to flow smoothly.
- If you have trees, now is the time to trim them and remove dead fronds or branches so they don't become a danger during windstorms.
- Check your window screens and screen doors for tears in the fabric which can let pests enter your home.
Luxury Screens has a fully array of products to help you enjoy your summers and protect your home and family including insect screens, sun shades and pergolas. Contact us today and find out how we can help you get the most of your outdoor spaces this summer.