Mosquitos, fleas, ticks and other insects aren’t just an irritation and health risk for you and your family, they can also cause real problems for your pet. In addition to Lyme disease, ticks can carry ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis, Rocky Mountain spotted fever and others. Not only can mosquitoes carry diseases that afflict humans, they also transmit several diseases and parasites that dogs are very susceptible to, like dog heartworm and West Nile virus. To help keep your furry friend happy, healthy and pest free, Luxury Screens has some suggestions:
- Talk to your vet about chemical and organic sprays and remedies to keep bugs from bugging your furry friend.
- Use a flea comb regularly on your pet to check for pests in fur.
- Try bathing your pet with apple cider vinegar. Pests don’t like the scent.
- Try a drop of lemon oil or rosemary oil on your pet’s collar. The smell naturally repels insects.
- Be diligent in keeping your pet clean and healthy. A strong immune system will help your pet in the case of insect bites.
- Keeping your pet indoors during peak insect hours (generally sunrise and sunset) will also help you avoid pests on your pets.
Luxury Screens is proud to offer PetDFence screen fabric as a customization for its products. This durable screening offers the optimal solution for tears and damage caused by household pets. This screening is much heavier than traditional fiberglass or aluminum screening, yet maintains its excellent outward visibility qualities and it can be easily installed on PVC windows, doors, porches, gazebos and interiors. Contact us today for your free quote.