Summer is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the outdoor spaces of your home, but any summer fun can quickly be ruined by pesky and disease-carrying mosquitos. Luxury Screens offers a few tips for avoiding mosquitos to protect you and your loved ones from attracting these dangerous pests and getting bitten.
1) If you don’t want to douse yourself in DEET, try natural insect repellents like citronella or lemon oil.
2) Avoid perfumes. Mosquitos are attracted to sweet smells.
3) It has been scientifically proven that mosquitos are more attracted to black and dark colors, so make sure your summer wardrobe is full of whites and bright hues.
4) Make sure there is no standing water around your home, like dipping pools, garden puddles or watering bowls, and clean your swimming pool often to avoid mosquitos from congregating.
5) Use fans to keep mosquitos away. Any breeze above 1.5 Kph makes it hard for them to fly.
6) Avoid being outdoors during dawn and dusk, peak hours for mosquitos.
And the best way to enjoy summer breezes while keeping mosquitos from getting into your home, is by installing screen windows and screen doors to your home. Luxury Screens offers a wide selection of insect screens that can be customized for any home. Contact us today for your free quote.