Nothing ruins summer faster than a painful sunburn. Beyond several days of painful skin, sun exposure and particularly sunburn, speeds up the aging process and greatly increases your risk for skin cancer. Luxury Screens offers some summer skin care tips to keep you and your family protected.
1. Look for a “broad spectrum” sunscreen. This means it will protect your skin from both harmful UVA and UVB rays.
2. Apply sunscreen liberally at least 30 minutes prior to sun exposure and reapply every 2 hours or after swimming or sweating.
3. Choose a high SPF sunscreen. SPF 15 is advisable only for casual sun exposure, but if you are planning to be outside for more than 20 minutes, reach for an SPF 30 or higher.
4. Remember that clothing, unless marked as having SPF (sun protection factor) on the label, will not protect you from sunburn. It is very easy to burn through a light fabric.
5. Try to limit direct exposure during the hours when the sun is the strongest, from 11am to 3pm.
Luxury Screens offers many products that can help you enjoy your summer outdoors without risk of excessive sun exposure or sunburn. A PVC pergola, gazebo or a decorative pergola is an excellent addition to your outdoor space that will maximize your outdoor time without risk. A garden pergola not makes for an attractive addition to your home, but it offers an outdoor room that is perfect for entertaining, lounging, barbequing and more, throughout the summer and beyond.